on 17 January, 2017

Admission Process for DTU (Formerly DCE)

Admission process for Delhi Technological University (DTU), formerly known as Delhi College of Engineering (DCE) changed the same time DCE became DTU. Earlier admissions for the 85% Delhi Quota took place through a separate entrance test known as "Common Entrance Examination (CEE)" and the remaining 15% Outside Delhi Quota seats were filled via AIEEE.

However, from 2010 onwards, things changed and admissions into DCE/DTU were based only on AIEEE ranks for both the quotas.
From 2011, the entire admission process was made available online.
From 2013, admissions are still conducted Online but based on JEE Main score.


  1. The first step is to deposit a counselling fee in any branch of State Bank of India. The Fee deposit challan is made available to download from the institute's admissions website :
  2. Once the fee has been deposited your details are now in their records and you can register on the website by filling in your Name, Date of birth, JEE (Mains) Roll No. and JEE (Main) Rank. If the details match with their backend a new registration form appears asking you to enter some more details and set up a new password which you'll be using for all further logins along with your username which is by default your JEE Main Roll No.
  3. On successful completion you should see a confirmation message. If you don't see this confirmation message, something must have gone wrong,  but you need not panic as you can re-register. Once you manage to complete the registration form, take its print out and get it attested from your School's Principal or a Gazetted officer. You'll be required to submit this attested copy at the time of admission.
  4. Next step is to fill in your branch preferences. This is the part where you need to be very cautious. Fill as many choices as you wish to in order of preference. Although it's not mandatory to fill in all the branches, it is advisable to, as there is no negative impact. You're allowed to play around with preferences as long as you don't LOCK your choices. So feel free to do that and lock your choices only once you've absolutely finalized your choices. Once locked, you are not allowed to edit the choices anymore. Take print of your filled in choices and carry it with you at the time of admission.
  5. The list of provisionally admitted candidates is then displayed on the website as per the schedule. If your name features on the list, take a print of the provisional admission letter from the website and check when are you scheduled to report at the institute for counselling. Nothing to be apprehensive about, you just have to be there (at DTU) in person along with your documents and the prescribed fee.
  6. Now, even if you aren't admitted to your most preferred branch, it is advisable that you secure admission in whatever branch you're being offered. Because only admitted candidates will be considered for upgradation of branches.
  7. Once you're in you just have to wait & watch and hope that your branch gets upgraded (of course only if you haven't been allotted into your first choice). The entire procedure is automated and you just have to keep a check of the list of students with upgraded branches being displayed periodically.
  8. However, at any point of time, if you're happy with whatever you've been allotted, even though it wasn't the first preference you filled in your application form, you need to take one immediate action - freezing your branch. Unless you send a request in the prescribed format to the Chairman of the Admissions Committee for freezing your current branch within a day of it being allotted, you'll be automatically considered for upgradation again. If there are vacancies and your branch gets upgraded it is mandatory for you to shift to new branch and under no condition will you be switched back to any of the previous allotted branches.
  9. Well, congratulations if you manage to get into DCE... Oops! DTU; but one last thing you must bear in mind is that you need to attend the first two weeks of college VERY VERY seriously. Lack of attendance may lead your name to be struck off from the rolls, so attend well, atleast, until the day the college is allowed to take in new admissions.

Document Required at the time of Counselling:

  • Bank Draft for Fees
  • Copy of the challan of State bank of India for deposit registration fee
  • Attested Copy of Online Registration form
  • Three passport size photographs
  • Original of the Admit Card & Score Card of JEE Main
  • Original and attested copy of 12th Std marks sheet
  • Original and attested copies of 10th Std Marksheet
  • Original certificate and attested copy for the reserved category, if applicable
  • Medical fitness certificate (As per format on website)
  • Medical certificate of physically disability (if applicable)

Login to recommend
0 recommended



Published in:

Admission Process