on 17 January, 2017
Admission Process for Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT)
The strict admission process for Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT)is pretty long and one has to fill out hundreds of forms (okay, not hundreds, but well you get the point) to get a seat.Anyway, we’ve got it all figured out for you, so worry not.
Read it step by step so that you’re not confused.
1. Counselling Fee:
To participate in the admission counselling, you’ll have to deposit a Counselling Fee of Rs. 1000/- (in cash only) in any branch of Andhra Bank through a duly filled challan form available on the NSIT website. This amount is non-refundable, and is the same regardless of the category you belong to.
ONLY those students who fill out the form will be eligible to participate in the counselling process.
2. Online Registration:
- Once you pay the fee, log on to the NSIT Website and fill the registration form (which will be displayed in bold) with supposedly the following details: JEE Main Roll No., JEE Rank, Date of Birth and Candidate’s Name.
- After entering these four parameters, there’ll be another registration form where in you can fill all your personal details and a computer generated User ID and Password will be given to you.
- Now you have to take a print out of the final registration, get it attested by the Principal of School/College last attended or Gazetted Officer and produce it at the time of admission.
3. Filling of Choices (one of the most important parameters in the admission process):
- Registration Details: Registration Details are important for seat allotment and should be filled very carefully. You can rectify/modify your mistake (if any) by using the “Edit Registration” option.
- Available Fill Choices: A list of branches will be provided and you can fill the branches of his/her choice in order of preference. It’s up to you to fill as many options as you want.
- Display Filled Choices: Choices entered by you will be displayed on a different form so that you can check the information entered earlier. You can lock your preferences by pressing the ‘Lock’ button, and then you have to give your password for confirmation. Once the choices are locked, it cannot be unlocked and hence preferences of the branches cannot be changed. So, be very careful while filling your choices and ‘locking’ them.
- Take a print out of the filled choices; self attest it and produce it at the time of admission.
4. Declaration of Results:
- Once results are declared and your name features on the list of admitted candidates, you need to take a print out of the provisional allotment letter from the NSIT website and report at the NSIT campus on the allotted day with original documents and the institution fees.
- If you do not not report at the time of admission, your seat will be cancelled and you will not be granted admission whatsoever. So, for once in life, DON’T BE LATE!
- If you are admitted to a branch other than that of your desired choice you will be upgraded to your mentioned preference on the basis of JEE Main merit if seats are vacant at a later date.
- You can freeze your admission to whatever stream you have been allotted by requesting the admission committee. Of course, you’ve to give it in writing.
- Demand Draft/Pay Order in favor of Director, NSIT, New Delhi, payable at Delhi for payment of prescribed fee.
- Receipt of Andhra Bank for deposit of one time non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 1000/- by the candidate.
- Print out of application form duly attested either by Principal of School/Institution last attended or by a Gazetted Officer.
- Two copies of latest Passport Size Colour Photographs duly attested by any of the authorities specified at S.No.3 above.
- The original and attested copy of Admit Card of JEE Main (Not applicable to the nominees of Govt. of India).
- The original and attested copy of Rank Card of JEE Main (Not applicable to the nominees of Govt. of India).
- The original and attested copy of Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination.
- The original and attested copy of Passing Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- The original and attested copy of class Tenth / High School passing Certificate in support of Date of Birth.
- The original caste/category certificate and its attested copy (for the reserved category only).
- The original and attested copy of Medical fitness certificate for all (except PH Category).
- Medical certificate of physical challenged (PH), in original, issued by the duly notified Medical Board of a District/Government Hospital set up for examining the physically challenged candidates under the provisions of Persons with Disability (equal opportunities, protection of rights and full participation) Act, 1995. The Certificate should indicate the extent (i.e. percentage) of the physical disability and should bear the photograph of the candidate concerned by one of the doctors constituting the Board issuing the Certificate.
- All candidates are required to bring all the original certificates at the time of admission for verification.
Login to recommend