on 18 January, 2017
Admission Process for RGPV | Engineering
Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogik Vishwavidyalaya offers Bachelor of Engineering (BE), Bachelor of Pharmacy
(B Pharma), Bachelor of Architecture (B Arch) Programs in advance Technology areas; the students interested in the UG courses being offered by the University. Students can apply for admission on the basis of JEE Main and Pre Engineering and Pharmacy Test (PEPT) scores.
For students who have appeared for JEE Exam
The candidate from MP must have passed 10+2 Exam from Madhya Pradesh Board or any other Board with Physics, Chemistry as the main subjects and Mathematics/ Biology/ Biotechnology as one of the optional subjects, with minimum 45% marks for General category candidates and 40% in case of SC/ST candidate.
The candidate from other states must have passed 10+2 Exam from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry as the main subjects and Mathematics/ Biology/ Biotechnology as one of the optional subjects, with 45% marks for General category candidates as well as SC/ST candidate.
The candidate must then fill online JEE Exam Application form available at the www.jeemain.nic.in website. After qualifying the exam and results being declared, candidates must go for online counselling which comprises 5 different steps:
- Online Registration
- Document Verification
- Online Preference/Choice filling and part payment of Tuition fees
- Online Allotment
- Reporting, Document Verification and Admission in allotted institute
To participate in online counselling you need to register with the following data:
- Roll Number of any entrance exam which you have appeared: JEE-Mains/VYAPAM/GATE/GPET/NATA
- Date of Birth
- Marks and Roll number of 10th/12th/Diploma
- Name of the board/university
- Year of passing
- Mobile number
- E-mail id
- MP Domicile certificate (if applicable)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
Payment for the online registration can be through one of the following methods:
- Internet Banking
- ATM/Debit/Credit Card
- Cash payment in Govt. Authorized center
- mponline authorized KIOSK
After successful payment, you must receive the receipt and a Unique Password. This would be needed for your identification later. Keep it safe but handy.
Once you are registered successfully, now you need to get your documents verified at the in nearest authorized Counselling center. You will receive a receipt stamped and signed by the verifying officer, keep it safe.
List of documents to be verified:
- JEE-Main/VYAPAM/PPHT/PPT or Mark sheet
- 10th Board exam mark sheet
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Relevant certificates if you are applying to any particular category
Note: Remember to collect your original documents once verified.
Online Preference/Choice filling and part payment of Tuition fees:
- You must choose minimum 1 college (&course) from given list of colleges/institutes and lock your choices before the given deadline.
- You will receive a High Security Password on the registered mobile number and e-mail id. Enter this password to proceed with the payment.
- After choosing college you have to pay ₹1100 to finally lock your choices. YOU CANNOT CHANGE them after locking them, so be sure of what you choose.
Modes of payment would be the same as above.
Allotment happens after the documents are verified & payment is done. According to priorities that you filled a common merit list is generated. Get that printed from your account by using login and password.
Reporting, Document Verification and Admission at the allotted institute:
Congrats! This is the last stage of your admission. Printed copy of allotment letter, marksheets of 10th & 12th, qualifying examinations, Domicile Certificate, Caste Certificate and all other necessary certificates and certificates of your respective category.
For Students who have not appeared for JEE Exam
Direct Admissions based on 12th results (College level Counseling) can be done by students who haven’t given JEE Exam but wish to secure admission in any of the RGPV affiliated colleges in 2nd round of counseling.
The Candidate must have passed 10+2 Exam from Madhya Pradesh Board or any other Board with Physics, Chemistry as the main subjects and Mathematics/ Biology/ Biotechnology as one of the optional subjects, with minimum 50% marks for General category candidates and 45% in case of SC/ST candidate.
Candidate must report to the college with all his original documents:
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- Transfer certificate
- Character certificate
- Migration (in case outside of M.P)
- Caste certificate (If applicable)
- Income certificate (If applicable)
- Domicile certificate (only for candidate who belongs to M.P)
The candidate must fill registration form of the college with photographs and Xerox copies of his/her documents. Thereafter, the college authorities take care of the formalities regarding admission.
Note: Most colleges give preference to students who have appeared and qualified the JEE Exam.
Login to recommend