on 03 September, 2011
Graduate Engineer Trainee (GET) at Tata Communications
- Graduation college: Rizvi College of Engineering
- Stream: Electronics and Tele-Communication
- Graduation aggregate: 60.55%
- Standout Characteristic: I had performed much better in the 6th and the 7th sem contrary to previous sems' which I think they noticed the improvement and that gave me an advantage. Also I had quite interesting and different hobbies which I guess were appreciated by them.
Applied for: Jyoti Structutres, Zycus, Tata Communicatons Transformation services (TCTS)
Jobs offered: Tata Communications Transformation services (TCTS)
Job accepted: Tata Communications Transformation services (TCTS)
The interview was a very much technical oriented one. They asked me questions which targeted my basics, but I didn't lose nerve and showed good confidence.
What I do:
- Posted: in Mumbai
- Designation: Graduate Engineer Trainee (GET)
Right now I am working on a project for TELSTRA (Telecom Australia). My job is to process the orders for new landline connections, assign switching circuits and establish communication links between customers home and telephone exchange. In laymen's terms, getting the dial tone in the customer's phone. I do all this via a third party software.
Experience at Work:
Good till now. The only problem is the odd work hours. We have various shifts starting from 4.30 am and it keeps changing periodically. Also work starts getting a little monotonous after a while.
Advice to the juniors:
While appearing for the interview it is important to be confident and just make sure to not lie. Also remember one thing getting placed is about luck and more about being at the right place at the right time.
Login to recommend