on 21 October, 2011
Graduate Trainee Engineer (GTE) at Siemens
- Graduation college: Thakur College of Engineering and Technology (TCET)
- Stream: Electronics and Tele-Communication (EXTC)
- Graduation aggregate: 65%
- I have written a book on “Digital Telephony” which is a sem-6 subject for EXTC students.
- I have also cleared Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) examination, and also published a technical paper in an International Journal.
- I have also undertaken an internship and participated in many extra curricular activities during my college life.
Applied for: Larsen and Tubro Infotech (LnT), Siemens Enterprise Communication*
Jobs offered: Larsen and Tubro Infotech (LnT), Siemens Enterprise Communication
Job accepted: Siemens Enterprise Communication
Pay Package: Not disclosed
The Interview process at Siemens Enterprise Communcation Pvt Ltd (SECPL) was quite vigorous. There was no aptitude test, but arnd 5-6 interview rounds. My first interview lasted for around 35-40 minutes consisting of mainly networking related questions. Questions were on vlan, vpn, router, switch, OSI layers, microprocessor , microcontroller, etc.
In other interview, the interviewer asked me questions on RJ45, crossover cable, PBXs, ISDN, etc and at the end he suddenly asked me to give an instantaneous presentation. (They do this to check one's public speaking skills).
The other 2 technical interviews were namesake, taken by my current boss, which included same pool of questions.There were other 2 HR interviews asking some random questions like hobbies, why Siemens, other job offers, etc.
What I do:
- Posted: in Mumbai
- Designation: Graduate Trainee Engineer (GTE)
I am working in Pre-Sales (PLM) dept. of the company. My job profile mainly includes:- Designing voice (using PBX), data (using switches) and wireless (using Access Points) networks for our clients.
My other function includes to technically assist the sales executives of our company and regularly give technical training to them.
Experience at Work:
The work environment is quite nice. Since I have got the job of my choice so uptill now I am very much satisfied with it. My seniors are quite knowledgeable and very much helpful in nature.
Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm
Advice to the juniors:
Just chill, dont worry much about the interview process. According to me, it is not the interviewer, but candidate is the one who drives the interview. It's your responsibility to bring the ongoing discussion in your area of expertise.
Login to recommend