on 12 April, 2017
Admission Process for AIIMS
For Indian Candidates:
Getting admitted into AIIMS is a Herculean task for undergraduate MBBS aspirants since the number of students that appear for its entrance exam is humungous (80k to 100k) compared to its tiny intake of just 72 students. The procedural steps to be followed for admissions are relatively easier...
- Firstly, you need to fill up your details in this application form either online or offline and deposit a certain fee (Rs. 1000/-) to make you eligible for the Entrance Examination. Keep checking the AIIMS websites (www.aiimsexams.org, www.aiims.edu, www.aiims.ac.in) to keep track of the dates.
- Next, admit cards will be made available on the website – www.aiimsexams.org. You need to take a print out of your admit card and head straight to appear for the Entrance Examination which is 3 ½ hour duration objective type paper with 200 questions on Physics, Chemistry, Biology and GK.
- If all goes well and you score above 50% in the entrance test (45% for OBC, 40% for SC/ST) you REMAIN eligible for admission into AIIMS. A merit list consisting of only the first 37 rankers from the general category, another 11 from SC, 19 from OBC and 5 from ST is then put up with all others eligible being put on the waitlist in order of merit.
- If your name features on any of these lists, well congratulations, but don’t let your excitement make you forget the last few steps you need to complete, namely, send in attested copies of certificates/marksheets within 7 days of results, undergo medical examination at a Medical board set up by AIIMS and report to the college with your original documents.
Simple isn't it? So stop worrying and start working on your entrance exams preparations, 'cause your score's what's going to matter in the end!
For Foreign Candidates:
Foreign candidates nominated by the Government of India are required to have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY in their Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination to be eligible for admission to the MBBS Course.
Foreign candidates are NOT required to appear at the Competitive Entrance Examination.
The foreign nationals are not required to fill up the application form prescribed by All India Institute of Medical Sciences and they should apply to the Government of India through their Diplomatic Channels and not to AIIMS. The nominations for foreign category are made by the Government of India. Candidates are, therefore, advised to correspond with the Ministry of External Affair, Government of India, New Delhi, and not with AIIMS.
Category Authority to whom applications are to be sent
- Self Financing Foreign Candidates : Ministry of External Affairs, Student Cell, 527, Akbar Bhavan, New Delhi-110 021
- Foreign Candidates under General Cultural Scholarship Scheme: Indian Council for Cultural Relations, Azad Bhavan, Indraprastha Estate, New Delhi-110 002.
Login to recommend