on 12 April, 2017
Admission Process for Medical Colleges under Delhi University (DUMET)
The admission procedure for DUMET is fairly straightforward – if you’re good enough, you’re in; if you’re not, too bad. They don’t give you false hopes if you have an awful rank (unless you’re from a reserved category, of course). Here's how it goes...
1. Once the results of DUMET (Formerly DPMT) are out, the students securing the first 500 ranks in the General category are required to send self attested copies of the List of Documents given at the bottom of the page to the office of the Deputy Registrar, Faculty of Medical Sciences, 6th Floor, VPCI Building, University of Delhi, Delhi- 110007 before a certain aforementioned date. The same needs to be done by ALL ELIGIBLE students under the various reservation categories irrespective of their ranks in DUMET.
2. For those who manage to clear the first step, the next thing is to check the "Counselling Schedule" and know what date & time you have to report at the mentioned venue with any one of Admission Ticket of DUMET, Voter Identity Card, Passport, Driving License OR Admission Ticket of last exam passed/appeared by the candidates.
3. On the D-Day, the students would be called in the counselling hall in a batch of 10 for counselling to allot a course (MBBS/ BDS) in a particular college (LHMC/ MAMC/UCMS/MAIDS). When your turn comes you'll be informed of the courses and the colleges available at the time and you'll be allowed to select only one course in any particular college. You'll then be allotted a seat in the selected course in the selected college.
A. In case if you are unable to come to the counselling round on your allotted date, you can send in someone else to represent you along with appropriate authorization.
B. If you or your representative can't make it to the counselling venue on time, i.e., before your turn comes, you can still request to be taken in. (a penalty of Rs. 500/- will be charged) You'll be offered whatever seats are available at that time.
C. If, however, you reach after the end of that day's counselling, you WON'T be entertained and you WON'T be eligible for any further rounds.
4. Now, the students who were originally called for counselling and were not offered any seat due to allotment of all seats before their turn of counselling are waitlisted and are required to submit their options in respect of course and college on the prescribed proforma. Also those who have not opted any seat at the time of counselling are required to do the same. The candidates who were absent on the specified date of counselling are NOT waitlisted.
5. The vacancies of seats arising after the counselling are filled-up according to the merit cum choice basis from waitlisted candidates. The candidates, already admitted, are also allowed to shift colleges/courses of their choice according to merit and subject to availability of seats.
6. Once your counselling round is done and you are allotted a college, you'll be issued an admission letter. You'll have to report to the college on a certain date for a small medical examination and complete the other formalities required for admission. If you don't report timely or are found to be medically unfit your admission can still be cancelled... so don't take it too lightly.
Documents Required :
Mandatory Documents for all students:
- Matriculation or equivalent certificate showing Date of Birth.
- 12th Std Marksheet and Certificate
- Certificate from the Principal of the School stating that
- the school is situated within National Capital Territory of Delhi,
- the school is recognized by the CBSE/Council for the Indian School Certificate/Jamia Milia Islamia,
- the school is conducting regular classes,
- the applicant has attended regular classes in the school for class 11th & 12th.
- Character Certificate from any Gazetted officer (not older than six months).
Additional Documents for Reserved categories as applicable :
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe certificate
- Father’s SC/ST Certificate.
- Physically Handicapped certificate
- Entitlement Certificate for CWWAPP category
- OBC Certificate
- Non-creamy layer certificate and OBC caste certificate as per the Central list for OBC’s
Login to recommend